Kentucky Down Under & Camping!

4:39 PM, Posted by SivartM, No Comment

On Thursday, I went with my mom and sister to Kentucky Down Under. You can read more about that on my mom's blog.
On Friday evening, my mom dropped me off behind our church's school for a campout with my Pathfinder club. We built fires, set up tents, cooked our food over the fire, went hiking, and had a good time. I was the only kid not to get any ticks, I think. On Friday night, just after we were almost all ready for bed, our Pathfinder leaders decided that we should move our tents under the overhand in front of the school entrance. That was most likely a very good thing, except it was a slight inconvenience to get back out of bed and unstake and move the tents. Eventually, we got to sleep, and in the morning I learned just how evil allergies are when I woke up and, to put it simply, most of the parts of my face were not working correctly. :P I took some decongestant and felt better eventually. We went on a fairly long hike around the trails behind the school and went back to the campsite to have lunch at around 1:30. We also tied knots, toasted marshmallows, and build a rocket ship to take us to Mars. Okay, that last one wasn't true. :D Anyway, we had a lot of fun and our parents came to pick us up at around 7:30.

No Comment