My Weekend

8:22 PM, Posted by SivartM, No Comment

On Sabbath afternoon, our Pathfinder club had investiture. I was invested (believe it or not)!
On Sunday, I got up at 5:20 in the morning and went to the Pathfinder Fair. At 7:30 we got there and I helped set up our club's booth. Then each club's drill team marched. Our club was the seventh to march. We did really well, which kind of surprised me because normally when we practice at our meetings, certain anonymous members keep talking and wiggling. :-P And no, I don't mean me (I do wiggle sometimes though).
After the drill teams, all of the Pathfinders had a drilldown. Everyone went into the middle of the room and we were given commands. If anyone messed up, they had to step out. I was actually the last person in our club to stay in (of course, our drill instructor wasn't in the drilldown, so that's probably why). Then the staff had a drilldown.
After the marching, we had lunch and they started the pinecar races during lunch. I forgot to bring my pinecar, so I didn't really watch the races that much. I had lunch and then went back into the gym where we were having the other events after the pinecar races. I practiced my knots with some other club members for a while, and then the pinecar races were over and it was time to start the events!
First was a knot relay. I was first in line. I ran to a line, the judge told me a knot, and I tied it to a blanket. Then I ran back and tagged the next person in line, who tied a knot the judge told him to the end of my rope. We only had three people from our club including myself participate, so we each had to do several knots (except one of us, who didn't get to do his last knot), because there were 6 knots in all that we had to tie.
Next was a first aid game. Myself and two others were blindfolded and sat around our "victim", who we performed simple first aid things on as instructed by another un-blindfolded Pathfinder.
Finally, we had a Morse Code relay. I ran up, picked a card from the judge, translated into morse code, and ran back where the next Pathfinder decoded it, ran back and told the rest of the club what it said. They were generally things like "Name three ways to purify water" and "Pull your hair". Only two of us knew enough morse code to do the coding and decoding, so both of us did most of the work.
After that, they gave out the awards and we went home (after cleaning up).

No Comment