About Yourself

9:00 AM, Posted by SivartM, No Comment

I think that information requests like "About Yourself" are far too ambiguous to satisfactorily answer. Do you want to know how old I am (16), what school I go to/have gone to (currently homeschooled), what my hair color is (brown), where I live (the United States), where I work (I don't have a job, and I hope you will let me test your software regardless), or what browser I use (it changes periodically, but currently Mozilla Firefox)? I suggest that you ask more specific questions such as, "Where do you live?" or "What color is your hair?". Perhaps, and this may be a preferable option, you could not ask people about themselves, since I hardly see what that has to do with testing software (though if I'm missing the point you may feel free to enlighten me). Or perhaps nobody reads these "About Yourself" sections anyway, which makes me wonder even more why they would be required. In any case, I do hope that you have a wonderful day and that sitting in a cubicle/office all day is not sapping the life out of you. Perhaps you could take your family (if you have one) to the zoo or beach, or you could sit under a tree on a sunny day and read a book. Perhaps you could even talk to God (if you're so inclined, although I know He'd love to chat and is always ready to listen). In any case, do have a good day, and please give my regards to everyone at your place of employment!
-Travis

No Comment