Stuck in the Middle

3:23 PM, Posted by SivartM, No Comment

Ah, I see that they're singing verses 1 and 3! Nobody ever sings me. I just sit here in the hymnal and stare at them. But do they care? Of course not! They don't have time to care, because now they have to turn to page 183.

Of course! They're singing the first and last verses again! How I do feel sorry for those verses stuck in the middle. Just because we're non-living strings of words, we get no respect. After we go to all the trouble to rhyme and everything!

I mean, it's like we don't even matter. "Let's just sing the first and last verses so we don't have to pay attention to the deep spiritual truths in the second verse!" You know, I bet they stick all the deep theological matters into the middle for just that reason.

Wait! They sang the middle verse this time!

Wow, the congregation looks exhausted now. I'm sure it was so difficult to sing for thirty extra seconds that they'll probably have to sleep an extra two hours this afternoon.

We get no respect. Maybe I should order pizza.

No Comment